PCOD and PCOS are of the most common diseases women’s are facing these days. As per the estimation, one in five Indian women that is 20% of Indian women are suffering from PCOD or PCOS. Today in this blog we will discuss about what is PCOD and PCOS. Therefore after an appropriate knowledge one can differentiate between both of these.
PCOD (Polycystic Ovarian Disorder)
Polycystic Ovarian Disorder is commonly referred as PCOD. In this case women’s ovaries release partially mature or immature eggs in large amount and gradually prepare a cyst over the time. In this case, males hormones or androgens are produced by ovaries. Normally women body do produce androgens or male hormone in tiny quantity but when the body is suffering from PCOD, it produces them in excess.
Excess production of male hormones causes problems like a sudden gaining weight, problem in conceiving, irregular periods, In-appropriate hair growth or loss. The fertility of the women is highly disturbed by PCOD. Changes in lifestyle along with timely diagnosis can you help a woman to control PCOD.
PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome)
polycystic ovary syndrome is way different than PCOD. It is and endocrinal problem, which leads to production of androgen in woman body in high number that creates hindrance in egg production, egg development and egg release.
The eggs don’t ovulate let alone release during ovulation and form cysts with liquid. This causes enlargement of the ovaries and the severe complications that come along such as obesity, metabolic syndrome, type-2 diabetes and various other chronic health issues.
PCOD vs PCOS
Both of the diseases are commonly sounding the same but there are few differences between both. This section of the blog will help you know the differences between PCOD and PCOS.
- PCOS is a manageable ailment which can be cured by lifestyle modification, while PCOD is a metabolic disorder.
- PCOD is more commonly found as compared to PCOS as 1/3rd of women around the globe are suffering from PCOD.
- PCOS can cause high blood pressure or hypertension, obesity, diabetes, cardiovascular issues, Cancer (in worst cases) , but PCOD don not consist of any severe complications.
- PCOS is generally developed in early ages and girls may showcase symptoms in their teenage. These include excessive hair growth, acne, weight gain, etc. Parents must get them tested for ovarian disorders.
- PCOD doesn’t cause fertility issues as such but PCOS can cause infertility in women. Women with PCOD can receive medical aid that helps them in getting pregnant but PCOS women may have difficulty in getting pregnant and even suffer a miscarriage.
- Symptoms of PCOD are the same as PCOS but they ovulate regularly. Their periods aren’t as infrequent as PCOS patients. This is why their chances of conceiving are higher. PCOS-affected women have ovulation problem which makes them a victim of infertility.
Meditech Homeo Care has came up with an effective and efficient remedy, that will help you to control PCOD and PCOS and eliminate them from body by their roots. Do visit us and send your query to resolve your ailment.
We hope you found this blog effective and knowledge-base. Drop your comments in the comment box and let us know what more you want us to write for you.
Visit: www.meditechhomeocare.com and follow our latest scoop.